Thursday, December 3, 2020

French Language Cartoons

 I started this series where I use google translate to write comics in French. I imagine they could go in French language textbooks. They deliberately don't make any sense. And, nothing in language textbooks ever really mad any sense to me anyway. That's the beauty of learning a language. It strips a language of any communicative intention. Like, I'm not trying to say anything to you. I'm just speaking the language in a way you can understand. So, I think it's ripe for absurdism.


Anyway, I tagged a bunch of educational social media accounts in my IG story and sparknotes replied to the story with the heart-eyes emoji. Which is hilarious. So maybe I'll keep doing that. Or if I make enough of them I'll assemble them into my own Learn French with Google Translate zine.

No comments: