Sunday, December 16, 2012

Feen!

Big bald heads eating soup and sewage out of cast-iron urns.

A slim sluice.

Savage balconies heave trousers and ice cream with abandon!
__________________________________________________________________

You know what, ladies and gentlemen? You have to make every sentence count. Or lobsters of mediocrity will come out of fissures in the ground and claw your shins off. That was a metaphor.

 Here's how to tell if you are taking running too seriously. You hurt your hamstring at the end of a run on Thursday. You take Friday off. You still can't run on Saturday so you sit down on your couch and sincerely and unironically listen to Johnny Cash's cover of the Nine Inch Nails song, "Hurt."

I hurt myself today

I can relate Johnny! I hurt myself today--well, several days ago, as well!

to see if I still feel

Yeah! Well, that's what I use running for...the injury doesn't really apply in this situation.

I focus on the pain

if by 'focus' you mean, massage, stretch, and ice twice a day then yeah! me too!

the only thing that's real

I also enjoy reading books!

The first line almost connects and after the first verse I turn the song off and walk around hearing Johnny Cash say I hurt myself today. 

Johnny Cash is a symbol of a dark and troubled life so when he says I will make you hurt it resonates  more than what I feel when it's a little bit harder to get on the bus that takes me to the dining hall.

That's taking running too seriously. That's going too far too soon. You can't jump to Johnny Cash at the drop of a hat. That's some old man sadness. Entertainment-wise, I am in THE demographic. Things that get made are made, more-or-less, for my enjoyment. And my generation is all about sharing media and relating it to our lives. We're all celebrities! Yay! But some things should just be out of reach.  We're not gonna know what emotions are if we always jump to there. There's a whole spectrum of pain and regret you have to traverse so that it actually means something when you hear Johnny Cash say, my empire of dirt.

My leg hurting and not being able to run for about two days is more in line with...nothing. No one would ever write a song about this. This is kind of equivalent. silliness.

Not this. this

Some things are too good for your emotions! Sit. Don't talk. Listen.

There should be one video of Hurt posted on Youtube. And it should have one comment from the ghost of Johnny Cash that just says, "ME." And that's it. He owned it.

You should put it inside you as a seed and let it grow and whenever you feel like you might be a 'capital-S Someone doing Something you should just look in that corner of yourself and see Johnny Cash's haggard, sighing old face in a tree with pitch black  bark and think, I am a dandelion. A little speck of yellow blowing in the breeze.

No comments: