Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Build-Up to C10M

First workout of the block. Goal was to run 4 miles hard at riverview around 5:25 pace.

Ran 5:27, 5:37, 5:32, 5:21. 21:57 for 4 and about 5:29 average. It's an out and back trail with the first and last miles on the same stretch and the middle miles on the same part. Those middle miles seem to run slow for some reason. The trail is a little more windy (windy like winding not like wind like breezy but also it kind of was) and hilly I guess. 

But it was good. I'd give it a B+. I was at a 9/10 effort level in the last mile which isn't really a tempo effort but I wanted to practice pushing and redlining a bit. The theme of the block is working hard and SQUEEZING THE JUICE!

My one sandbag is that my hammies and glutes are still sore from lifting Sunday. I didn't feel it while running at all but I definitely notice them just moving around. But my body felt good and the weather was nearly perfect so I can't really complain. Once that torso twist fitness takes hold I'm gonna be on a rocket to the moon for sure.

No comments: