Monday, February 14, 2022

I feel good

I think part of being a good person is being able to communicate a clear idea of who you are and what your about. One thing that's challenging about coaching once a week, especially club, is that not a lot of things are clear. But I think I'm slowly figuring it out. 

I don't know. I keep having these small but messy moments where it's like, oh we haven't figured out each other yet. 

I want to be someone who keeps the kids safe, someone who enjoys climbing, someone who can help them. And then I'd also like to be fun to be around. It takes time and I think reminding myself what I can do and what is valuable to the kids in the program is helpful. Sometimes it's messy. Sometimes it feels like nothing is really happening. But if you stay open to small good moments of connection then that really goes a long way. 

No comments: