Saturday, January 22, 2022

when you run so hard it triggers an immune response

It's happened before but when I do a hard long run sometimes I just feel sick for the rest of the day. Anyway, really good one today! In 15 degree temps I went for 48 minutes with Ian and some other charlottesville running guys. Ian ran a full ten miles and I fell off a little after 6 miles but considering some of the terrible workouts I've run in the cold I was pretty happy with today. I'd like to close that gap especially before Ian and I run the colonial half together. 

I think I can get there. I felt really good at the beginning so I think if I work on my endurance a bit and focus on longer continuous workouts then my half marathon fitness will improve quite a bit in the next month. We'll hope for a warm race day as well. 

Then I was pretty much wiped for the rest of the day. Did laundry. Talked to my dad on the phone. 

I'm watching a 2 hour YouTube video about NFTs and crypto and how it's all a scam. 

No comments: