Monday, January 16, 2023

maybe I've been too normal as of late

 I used to only be interested in writing things down if I thought they were really weird and creative and what not. I didn't want to write down anything that was matter of fact or personal or mundane. And lately I've been so dry with my posts.

Today I ran. Today I coached. Today I climbed. And yes, I did do all those things today and I'm really happy about it. One day that won't be what I do and I'll be like, "dang, those were some good days."


A Goodnight Speech

And as you head off to sleep, remember that in all of you there exists something very special, a skeleton. An assemblage of bones that gives form and function to your body. And what is a bone but a kind of specialized rock that your cells learned how to create because it was awesome. Long ago cells learned the recipe for making rocks and the world has never looked the same since. And while you slumber you will appear to all the world a pile of rocks wrapped in a bag of skin and stuffed with sauce and meat. Not unlike a magical calzone. Which is italian for a pants leg. And magic calzone in italian calzone magico

No comments: