Thursday, January 19, 2023

a very minor injustice

 but listen

listen to this.

Ok, in the last 3 places I've lived in, this is dating back to like 2019 or so--I've had roommates who cook and absolutely fill the entire house with smoke. They made the air reek with meat and oil. Often late at night. Like 11pm or so. And I never lived in a place where that set off a fire alarm. 

And now, now that I finally have a place of my own with no roommates. When I just want to make a lil side dish of tater tots, without hardly making any smoke and burning absolutely nothing, the most sensitive fire alarm in the world is set off. I mean my old roommates used to make the air thick with smoke and haze. I don't do that. I don't even come close. But now I'm the one setting off the alarm.

You know what though, totally worth it. Still so much better to live alone. 

No comments: