Thursday, October 31, 2019

I'm still sick

It's halloween night. The city of Charlottesville has cancelled trick or treating. I'm sick. I'm on my phone. I ate a pretzel roll and olive oil for dinner then fell asleep and woke up two hours later and didn't know what day it was. I haven't run in 3 days. It's a low.

But things could be a lot worse. And I know I'm gonna sleep well tonight and feel a lot better and I've got a nice long weekend. I'll get back on track starting tomorrow. So there's nothing to be sad about it. Here I am. Accepting the world.

Today a 5th grader had one of those inflatable dinosaur costumes and he was worried because he thought and 8th grader was going to treat him like a punching bag so another kid in 5th grade goes "I'll be your bodyguard. I'll be in front because I'm thick." This kid is wearing fake nerd glasses and a hotdog costume. And then the littlest boy in the whole school goes, "No! I'll protect him. my people are scottish and they throw logs for sport!" And he's not in a costume at all.

So the two of them start arguing back and forth, the hotdog repeating that he is the thickest and the small boy repeating that the Scottish throw logs.

It's a beautiful holiday.

No comments: