Tuesday, October 29, 2019

what was I doing at this time 4 years ago?

wow, this apparently

https://tunderscores.blogspot.com/2015/10/another-series.html

I was quite the go-getter.

Then this is from 10/28/2012

Rain like big pigs sucking on the sidewalk,
trying to get to the library and the bus has broken down.
Wet skin, wet bones, wet earth and wet toes,
feeling for a pack of upturned lips.

Maybe we should all groan along inside,
relax the grey away until we're dusted over.
Little baby peacock wants to jump in puddles,
found a broken guitar in my toilet ring.

Muttered puddles break down towered piles
of thought and sand and sticks.
A soggy mash of ideas that stain, run, tear and wrinkle.
Thinking about trying on another person's brain.

If it all shuts down when the sky turns brown
hand in hand with the sound of my...mumbling.
Buy a cat and name him Charlie, something cute.
Sleep in and make pancakes.

We can wait until it's dry to play again.

This has been fun to look at.

I think I'm still productive. Just in a different way now. More drawing and making things than putting things on the blog.

I do like creative writing.

Oh! I was feeling kinda sick today and I didn't do much playing with the kids but when we were in the gym I went over to a corner and sat down on a wedge mat and rested and it was cool how the kids seemed to gravitate towards the area I was in. Most of them weren't engaging with me directly at all but you could tell that they were definitely drawn to where I was. And the contrast was made clear by my new coworker who was also sitting but completely by herself on the other side of the gym. It starts to sound mean or like bragging but I thought it was cool afterwards to imagine myself sitting in the gym while the music was playing and the kids just kinda dancing and frolicking all around on the mats all over the floor. Being able to be part of it and in tune with it just by sitting there. That was cool. That was really cool.

No comments: