Monday, November 6, 2023

still on the project

 Last Wednesday I was matched on the next to last hold and couldn't hang on to the sidepull sloper and fell off. I gave it more goes but couldn't get back to that spot. Then I ended up doing a lot of climbing and got pretty tired. Friday I knew I wasn't as fresh but still gave some goes and got out of the cave. It was a little colder Friday and maybe my shoe rubber wasn't as sticky or something but the holds felt a little slicker than normal. By the end of the session I couldn't get the toe hook to stick in the cave. 

I think resting two days is too much rest or it's possible my long run workout on Sunday is making me tired. Probably a bit of both. Didn't climb over the weekend and felt recovered but my body was definitely a little tired. I didn't warm up very much at all and hopped on the climb immediately and got to the third to last hold. I think that was my best go. I should have warmed up better. I was consistent in doing all the moves so that's an improvement over Friday.

Probably my best chance at sending is this coming Wednesday. I can rest a lot tomorrow and do a much better job of warming up. If I don't get it Wednesday I will try to climb less and hope I can be fresh for Friday. 

Regardless of the outcome, it's been a fun challenge and I know I've made myself stronger by trying it. If I don't do the climb before it's reset, I'm that much more prepared for the next climb that takes its place.

No comments: