Wednesday, December 28, 2022

sanding sanding sanding

 tasks

sanding the projects-- started sanding and it went well. working my way through the grits. Sanding isn't nearly as fun as whittling but I think these will look really good when they're done. Excited to see how they turn out. It's also really nice to listen to music while sanding. A great way to start the day

running- ran 12 miles and felt really good. I've definitely improved my endurance in the past 5 weeks. I'm excited to finish this month with over 300 miles and will finish the year with 2,500 miles total recorded on Strava. It was actually more but I don't want to do the work of figuring it out. 


Oh I also did a little bit of lifting in the morning and before going to run. It felt good. I'll try to keep that going.


fun thought:


One time I took this John Milton class and the professor randomly outlined three things that some old dude said you need to be a good person and one of them was memory and I forgot the rest.


Awards Ceremony for Counselors 2023


1- call to order and attendance. group photo

2-short speech from the incumbent Counselor of the Week

3- the counselor of the week will run the Survivor Style voting

4- announce the winner and they claim their trophy

5- all previous winners will recite the ceremonial poem

    When old age shall this generation waste,

                Thou shalt remain, in midst of other woe
Than ours, a friend to man, to whom thou say'st,
         "Beauty is truth, truth beauty,—that is all

                Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know." 

No comments: