Wednesday, April 8, 2020

write another one

I saw some posts about how when all of this is over, or as it's happening and the lives of medical professionals are lost, that it's going to be painted as a patriotic sacrifice for an inevitable evil. But really that just covers up the fact that the government, the structure that exists to serve the people, failed to respond. But because people want to make meaning of death and it's a given that people would die due to inherent risks, we won't be as critical as we could/should be.

Then I tried thinking about how I would feel about that if I was in the medical field. People debating the value or meaning of my death. I don't know. I think I'd be upset. Scared. I would probably just try to ignore it and focus on doing my job. Strange times. Strange times we live in.

No comments: