Sunday, July 9, 2017

Who am I Now

Right now Otis's head is against my knee. My knee is bent in such a way that my ankle is underneath the hamstring of my other leg. The other leg is extended so that my foot is resting on the coffee table next to Maddie's computer. My leg is extended because the foot that I hurt in May is still injured and I'm having a burst of working hard to try to make it better. It may slightly improve and then I'll slack off on doing recovery things and then it will probably get worse again. I bought a sock off Amazon that's supposed to help it. There's a red string tied around the ankle of my hurt foot. Otis has moved his head off my knee. I'm taking a deep breath. The lamp is on behind me and the hallway light is on. The hallway light at the entrance of the cabin is kinda like a big exposed lightbulb. The bananas in the fruit bowl are starting to collect tiny brown spots. There are googly eyes on the coffee table that I collected from the ground today. I haven't been running or drawing all that much lately which was kind of the two things that defined me and I put a lot of energy into. Lately I've been spending all my time at work or at camp and these 10 minute exercises are my creative outlet. I like all the interaction though and I like that my job is making me a better person. I take personal fulfillment in finishing a day of work because I feel like I'm developing skills that will make me more useful outside of work. So that's nice. I also get cursed at a lot and was accidentally slapped in the face the other day. And I received an Andy Warhol watermelon painting. Everything evens out to everything. I don't tend to think very much about the fact that other people may be silently processing and mulling over stuff in their brain that they aren't telling anyone about and it could be shaping their interactions and actions in a way that I am oblivious to. I tend to not do this because of the stuff I am silently processing and mulling over that shapes my interactions and actions. I rubbed my face and I've felt kind of itchy lately. Especially in the shower. Bugs are making noises outside. I have 45 seconds left. I'm noticing how many horizontal lines are in this living room. What do horizontal lines tell us? Should we have more or less of them? How long? Does it even make a difference? Surely it must make some kind of difference if we can say that there are things such as horizontal lines and talk about them. And what about all the stuff that makes a difference that we can't talk about?

No comments: