Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Stepheaded


Adapted Stories from Fictional Children

If I had a microphone I would tell everyone what to do. People would listen to me or I would destroy them. I would be very casual and charming. I am good at singing songs, telling stories, maintaining order, and deciding what is best for all. The sky is no boundary. The Earth gently rises to meet my feet. I have a very loud voice and can scream really high.

When I spoke, the sound would spread out from me in waves and it would change things as my voice passed through them. Elephants would be smarter. Flowers would stand up straighter and change colors. The little kids would sit still and there heads would bow and they would quietly apologize for not knowing what they've never been able to know. A heavy weight would chain them to the floor and they would move slowly and seriously. They would know their place and cease to exist as a swirling flurry of petals that has never floated on the air in just this way, they would cease to be the thing the air was invented to carry. My voice would be great and very entertaining for everyone.

No comments: