Thursday, April 14, 2022

It's either the mileage or pulling bamboo

 I felt really good on my workout today. Yesterday's run was so miserable and I went so slow that I thought there might be something wrong with me but the speed work I did on the track confirmed that it was just a tough day yesterday. 

In the past few months, trying to run 5 minute mile pace has felt more difficult than in the past and I think my aerobic fitness was lacking. Getting some more miles under my belt and taking time to just do easier, longer runs has definitely helped. Today I did a 1000 in 3:04 and felt pretty comfortable. My legs are definitely tired but the fact that I was able to run hard and hit some pretty quick times tells me that my fitness is definitely improving. Next week I'm going to take a down week and also run an 800 time trial. I think I can run a 2:16.

I'm really excited to move to my new apartment in the summer. I'll be living by myself and I can walk to the climbing gym! Hooray!

No comments: