Monday, April 19, 2021

Thoughts from the Weekend

 - thinking about Paw Paw and missing him. I would tell him that I'm doing well and I'm thankful for him.


-thinking about this kid in afterschool who one of my coworkers casually remarked, "he needs to be medicated". And she's not wrong. In the school environment he is in, he absolutely would do better with medication. It was really easy for me to agree with him in that moment. Yeah, he should be medicated. His behaviors are really frustrating at times. At the same time, why is it okay to medicate a child to make them fall in line with a completely made-up, arbitrary system? It's messed up. This kid has talents and abilities and things that make him unique and he gets medicated so he can fit into this system that I think everyone agrees to some extent is flawed. Why not make changes? 


-I ran 200 meters in under 28 seconds yesterday! I ran 27.64. That's been a goal for a while so I'm really happy about that. I should go run now.

No comments: