Sunday, February 2, 2020

thing I'm thinking about

it seems like some people like to say they are going to do something, like in the future, and they don't feel beholden to doing it after saying it out loud. like there's enjoyment in saying it and thinking about it. I think that has freaked me out because, and maybe I'm totally wrong about this, I feel really obligated to do something if I say it out loud. Maybe I don't actually follow through with it in practice but that's how I feel. Usually it's like a fun thing or something adventurous and exciting and internally I think, "oh gosh, that would be a really big commitment and probably a total hassle." Like I can't focus on the good outcome, I just focus on the logistics of actually doing it. Or I really worry about having to say no to it in the future. Because I hate saying no to things.

I'm not trying to say either way is better. I'm trying to understand a different way of talking about future plans. And maybe this isn't a thing at all. anyway, I'm gonna try to watch out for that and not let it stress me out.

No comments: