Friday, December 1, 2017

In a Writing Mood.

I watch Peter Draws a lot and he talks about taking a line for a walk when drawing. So you just begin drawing and you have no idea where it's going. I guess the same can be said for writing. But, as in drawing, it's pretty unfulfilling to read when it doesn't come together in a cohesive whole. You want the sense that you're building towards something or have done something by the end of it instead of just walking around sniffing everything you come across.

I guess I'll share that I've been getting headaches lately. I don't normally ever get headaches. Usually it happens on my day off from work when I get a later start to my morning. So it could be from going too long without eating or going too long without coffee or stress from work. But I don't feel that stressed from work. It's come close to a baseline for me, being at work. I used to, when I first started, have a really strong reaction to driving down the road that leads to the school. Like almost cold sweats and heart beating really fast and a sense of dread and foreboding. But I don't like sharing that. A part of me knew that wasn't a valid reaction to what I was about to do so writing it down feels like it legitimizes somehow. Or that I need to contradict myself to tell you it wasn't true. And then how are you going to believe a person who contradicts himself? Ah, my facade has been shattered. And now the central paradox of Me is exposed and squirming, my shell cracked wide open.

boogidy boogidy boogida boo

No comments: