Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blogging!


So, this sketch is, among other things, me trying to figure out how to draw myself in my "cartoon"

""""""style""""""
lots of quotations marks.

The guy on the left is how I was drawing "myself" or the character Slim Pickens because I'm bad at drawing hair.
But more importantly, I didn't think I'd be able to draw longer hair without looking feminine because there aren't a whole lot of other details to indicate something more nuanced like...gender.

I have to leave plenty of room for MASSIVE EYEBALLS! It's a thing, okay? Don't...don't question it.

Also the heavy lines under the eyes aren't supposed to be eyeliner. They're like...weariness lines.

But I think I successfully pulled off the comb-over  thing I do out of habit to keep my hair out of my eyes.. I'll take looking like I have a comb-over over being mistaken for a girl. I can live with that compromise.

Anyway, that's basically what I look like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to try to make a comic thing in the next few days about a time I was waiting for the bus.

In fact, I realized that I have spent so much time waiting for the bus in my college career, that I might be able to start a series called WAITING FOR THE BUS.

Yes, How to Avoid Stank Mouth is dead. I had other ideas I was going to use about a stank-mouth sensing computer, and whitening, and tongue-scraping, and lasez beams. But that was all scrapped when I saw the chance for VAGUELY AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL STORY-TELLINGS!

I don't know why I'm writing all this down. I just want to feel like I've done something.

If you've gotten this far in my self-indulgence I'll reward you with a story.

One time when I was young my dad and I were driving around the JMU campus and it was a warm day and there were a lot of pretty college girls walking around and my dad looked over at me and said jokingly, "This is how we test if you're gay."

And I didn't really know what he meant at the time, so I just laughed nervously, nodded a little, got really quiet and stopped looking out the window...
----------------------------------------------------------------

If being gay was like being an apple pie, I'd be like a pie with just the crust. You'd go to take a slice of the pie but then the crust collapses to reveal an empty pie tin. And you're like, "Huh. From across the room I could've sworn that was an apple pie." And then the crust is like, "I know! I thought I was an apple pie too! But it's just not in me. You'd think...and I don't blame you for it...but no!"

It's a crazy crazy world.

No comments: