Thursday, November 5, 2020

Plants

 It seemed like it was getting cold before I went to West Virginia so I brought my plants inside. I guess it's a little premature. Oh well. 

Anyway, a couple thoughts:

1) my place is heated by radiators and I found out today that radiators are really bad for houseplants. it dries them out too fast. I don't think my spider plants like direct sunlight so I guess that's not a huge concern. My current plant management system is they are placed in a corner of my room and I have humidifier/oil diffuser in the middle of all of them because I read that makes them happy. We will see!


2) I got these plants (I still don't know what they are) in 2019 from afterschool and they pretty much died over the course of a year. One died in the Spring and then I put one in the dirt outside my new house in the summer. I decided to bring it back inside today. It doesn't seem like it's doing great. Anyway, surprise surprise! Two new plants were sprouting in one of my spider plant pots. I have no idea how it get in there and grew. So we'll see if those survive. I clumsily moved them to their own pot. It gave my a vague sense of hope that they found a way to survive and grow like that. I hope they survive despite my intervention. But I'm not letting myself get to invested in their fate.

No comments: