Saturday, July 27, 2013

Yee-Haw

Time now for me to tell you about what's been happening in my life.

A whole lot of big stinkin' nothing--that's what!

But that's a good thing. That's definitely a good thing.

I'd like to make something with more continuity. Because, wouldn't that be nice? Hopefully I'll keep using the big-horned sheep. He's fun to draw. And then something will just emerge out of that. Maybe like a mythology-deal.

I'm gonna make a mythology! On accident!

Or not. Things will continue happening regardless. And some sort of theme or message must develop out of that eventually.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Knees

The knees are dark and the knees are cold. Shadows play upon on the knobby bones. They make me cringe. I can't help but imagine a hammer smashing those floating bones right off. Knees are mistakes.

But knees bring out the worst thoughts in me. All that flexing and bending and poor lateral strength. Knees are point of weakness.

In another life, I would reinvent the knee. Make it stronger and more durable and violent and grim. Knees would be vengeful. Knees would be obsidian discs spinning and whirring at a righteous speed, cutting and eviscerating indiscriminately. The knee would be the ceaseless march of progress.

The lower leg would be a pedestal and the upper body the globe that Atlas-knee holds up as a curse. We will be the burden to the knee. And the whole course of human history will be man's attempt to understand his inferiority to the all-mighty joint. We can't help but feel that we're just in the way. That the knee has come before us, and will live on long after we perish. It's already made plans to jump this burning ship.

Can you smell the carnage? Can you feel the cartilage?  The fumes are making me dizzy. I'm just gonna squat down and take a breather.


No comments: