Thursday, July 25, 2013

Fife and a drum and a drum and a drum


This is based off a drawing in a book I took from the elementary school I work at because they're trying to get rid of old library books.
It's about the fall of the Aztecs.

It was fun to draw and then give them stupid faces but I don't think this picture really says anything. Beyond stupid faces. Which makes me happy.
Every day when I'm biking to work there's this hill that I ride up and more times than not it seems like it gets easier to pedal and that I'm being lifted or gently pushed up the hill. And that makes me happy.

Or sometimes I think back to people I knew who seemed impossibly cool. Who spoke and acted with confidence and conviction. Unique and different because whatever extra-funky muck they had in their craw that made them see things that way, they would always say, "yes!" to it. Yes! To their own perception and interpretation and creations. People driven to make connections, but not in a fun, team-building, social, networking, kind of way. In a self-butchering, self-baring, exposing, (desperate?) kind of way. Style. People who have a style and something from them gets lodged inside you, or disturbs something that was already there. That's valuable.


No comments: