Friday, March 15, 2013

Winter Camping Pictures and Thoughts

Oh man, I already miss it.



Our room. The dancing flower lost his head in the journey over. But smiles still abound! The second picture is of the bungee cable web we made between the beds. We dried clothes on it.



I had the top bunk! Next to my socks! Hooray!



Putting on shoes is an important part of Winter Camping. 
I'm excited about wearing socks!


2.0 is always careful to not tie one of his fingers up in the laces . No amputations for us!




Here are some pictures of the camp we stayed at. The first one is a sign with words on it. The second one is the front of what they kept calling a chalet. We made fun of that name a lot. chalet. It's basically a shed with stairs.

Ooooo, I'm a chalet! My farts smell like rosemary! Laa-dee da!

They had huge icicles everywhere! These aren't even the gnarliest. Some of those dudes looked like dragon teeth.

We were on a frozen lake!


Lake.
The sun agrees that this is cool!


Ice road! DUN DUN DUN!

Entrance to camp. KEEP OUT!

I used my skis for skiing!





Out on the lake, heading to a mountain.


I combat my sense of smallness with an abundance of synthetic hydrophobic clothing!

Path up the mountain.
These high-mountain trees be snowy.




Cheesing it in my hiking jammies! I was warm.
Justin is cheesing it as well! In a hat! PUT ON A HAT!

View from the top of the heap. At the borders you can sort of see the snow that was collecting around the edges of the window of the tower at the top.



This picture shows it better. We were standing in a metal tower covered with frost. It was windy like WOOOOOO!!!




2.0 put the snow there with his Wintry Wizardry. PUT ON A HAT!

All of this. We burned all of this. And a lot more.

Our Winter Bungelow. Swanky to the power of Swank.

No football during Winter Camping. PUT ON A HAT!
The flipside of the entrance to camp.
Looking out across the vast icy wasteland, buffeted by raspy winds-- a stretch of white sprawling beneath the pale pin-prick of the sun piercing the thick grey clouds leaden with heavy snow...one thought rises above all others in the recesses of my mind, stinging like hot needles in my frost-gripped veins...

......





guys! If we had some cones we could make SNOW CONES! get it?!




NOW YOU KNOW TOO MUCH! GET OUT!

No comments: