Tuesday, April 25, 2023

one year older or one year better

 sometimes it's both

oh man I was running on Ridge Rd today and the sky was so blue and the trees were so green and the sun was shining and the wind was cool and I looked over to the west at the beautiful blue ridge mountains and I thought you can't ever take this for granted. You have to remember it was this good. You have to remember that running felt this good and effortless and the world was free for a moment and perfect and good. 

when walt whitman said:

CELEBRATE myself, and sing myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.


I loafe and invite my soul,
I lean and loafe at my ease observing a spear of summer grass.


My tongue, every atom of my blood, form'd from this soil, this
air,
Born here of parents born here from parents the same, and their
parents the same,
I, now thirty-seven years old in perfect health begin,
Hoping to cease not till death.

Just five more years to go

No comments: