Monday, August 10, 2020

i should be sleeping

but I jad a thought about being more intentional at camp. I've kinda let myself slip into a grouchy man a bit. It's hard to maintain energy all summer. But anyway, upon some reflection after what I just wrote in that earlier post 

I'd like to be:

-someone who consistently raises large questions enthusiastically and asks questions that don't get asked a lot. Really find out what young people think about life. That gives me a lot of energy.

-be absurdist

It would be a good exercise to plan some questions and topics to discuss before each day. I really like working from a large abstract starting point rather than trying to piece something together out of factoids. Remember to listen and ask lots of questions. Really listen. Be explicit about subtext and underlying assumptions. 

No comments: