Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Turns Out

I was talking to Christa at work about this bell hornet and how I was going to watch it get all decomposed and liquefied and stuff and take pictures and she told me that it might be that the spider won't even bother with it if it's too big. And bell hornets are pretty big. Apparently, if the spider doesn't bag it up on the quick fast then it's likely that it won't bother.

lazy spider. doesn't it care about the views I'm after?! MY VIEWS!

Anyway, so I'm abandoning that for now and switching gears. My new plan is to make an EVEN NEWER adaptation of Boss Monster to play at my work that doesn't allow the original version.

My original adaptation was based around rooms at the school but it felt kinda clunky and lame and didn't have pictures. Pictures are important.

So I'm hoping this new version will be much more versatile and make more sense and have lots of great-good pictures in it.

I'll call it Swarm, which is likely already a game but oh well. You will play as the Queen of a colony of various insects that are uniting to defend themselves against predators.

Bugs r kool. There will be updates here so that I actually work on it. Tonight my plan is to come up with all of the insects I'll use and figure out how to adapt all the categories. The original Boss Monster has two types of rooms: monster and trap. And then four different treasure types: money, swords, crosses, and books (or whatever). I'm thinking I'll have two different insect types: hive and solitary. And then four broad types of insects like: flying, slithering, burrowing, and climbing (?). Something like that. We'll see. Suggestions are wanted and appreciated.

No comments: